Feb 13, 2017· After a lot of research I found this design here DIY Knifemaker's Info Center: BG272 - DIY 2 x 72" Belt Grinder and decided this is what I was going to go with, at least for a starting point. Main differences between mine and his are a non tilt adjustable platen and fixed speed.

How to and DIY Instructions about how to build or make your own belt grinder to make custom knives.

2x72 Belt Grinders. Are you a DIY'er? Are you comfortable fabricating simple machinery? If so, you NEED a decent belt grinder, preferably in the 2″x72″ belt size. You'll find a thousand and one uses for it once you put one together, and it's very easy to put one together.

Homemade Belt Grinder. When I first got started making knives I was using a small underpowered 1x30 belt sander to shape my knives and was jealous of those big 2x72 belt grinders I saw all the big guys using! I couldn't afford a 2500.00$ machine (I still can't) so I decided to make one. I started by planning out what I would need and the design ...

Oct 13, 2017· If this is your first grinder, you will find it will become one of the most used tools in your shop.. I built the Grinder I built as a prototype to see if I could build a cheap $3000 Belt grinder, because the first time I ever saw one was at a "Hammer Inn" I was invited to, and there were 15 families sharing one Club Grinder..

2×72″ tilting belt grinder I've been wanting a belt grinder for years. The belt grinder is commonly considered a knife maker's tool, but it is so versatile it can be used for all …

Dirt Cheap 2 x 72 Belt Grinder Build OK, I love belt grinders just as much as the next person, but it's a tough outlay of cash to get into a new grinder. ... Longboard wheels are common to DIY grinder builds and you can change the bearings easily. To fit the bill they must be at least 2" wide. The ones I picked up on eBay are 2.75" diameter by ...

Happybuy 2Hp Belt Grinder Variable Speed 2 X 82" Belt Grinder Sander with 3 Grinding Wheel Belt Sander 12" Wheel & Flat Platen Tool Rest (Constant speed) by Happybuy. $999.99 $ 999 99. FREE Shipping on eligible orders. In stock on March 1, 2019. 4.5 out of 5 stars 4.

Homemade belt grinders mounted on a common pedestal. But for the contact wheels, all materials were surplus components. The 2x48 grinder features an all-aluminum frame, while the KMG clone is a variable-speed unit controlled by a VFD.

4" Belt Grinder Rubber Wheel For belt grinder. This belt grinderrubber wheel is made of high-qualified original material for knife making grinder. Every product is tested strictly. This wheel include sealed bearings which can easily be replaced when worn.

No Weld Grinder/Sander Plans (NWGS) By Tracy Mickley. Midwest Knifemakers Supply, LLC . These printed plans are for a 2" x 72" belt grinder or sander. The construction requires no welding, no machining, no lathe work, …

Making a homemade 2 x 72 belt grinder. I started with a piece of MDF that wasn't quite wide enough to get five disks straight across, so I used 5″ sanding disks to do a rough layout:

May 03, 2018· Here's how to turn some junk parts into a good 1-1/2 x 30 inch belt grinder attachment for your Craftsman block motor, or similar grinder. A few years ago I replaced the timing belt, water pump, and idler pulleys on my Isuzu Rodeo. I kept the pieces in my junk box and this week I decided to make a belt grinder attachment out of them.

DIY Belt Grinder. How To Make A 2″ x 72″ Belt Grinder. When pricing a good belt grinder I found that the features that I wanted made for a hefty price tag. First I wanted a variable speed grinder for running belts slow for fine belts. Second was that I wanted one that had a way for a small wheel for finger choils and other detail work.

Jul 06, 2010· The grinder isn't finished yet I will try to post some pic's when i'm done. Search this fourm and the archives for homemade belt grinder, lots of info & pic's, also many good links. that is were I got my info to start with..

The Best DIY Belt Grinder Plans PDF Free Download. DIY Belt Grinder Plans PDF. Basically, anyone who is interested in building with wood can learn it successfully with the help of free woodworking plans which are found on the net.

Feb 16, 2014· DIY Belt Grinder Build for Under $200 Sign in to follow this . Followers 5. DIY Belt Grinder Build for Under $200. By Dave Wood, February 14, 2014 in Pinned Tools and Toolmaking. ... I have been working on this belt grinder since last friday and I was able to complete it today! This is another tool I have been planing to build for years and it ...

Bolt Together 2 X 72 Belt Grinder: I have been wanting a 2 x 72 belt grinder ever since I started making knives on my wimpy 4 x 36 belt sander. After looking around at some designs I figured I could probably make one myself. I had access to our scrap bin at work that often had squa...

Aug 15, 2012· hey guys, I've wanted a belt grinder for the longest time. once you've used a belt grinder you will never want to go back to grinding on stones again, that's for sure :) plus they can do so much more. I've pretty much decided that the most popular, common and versatile size for something like this is the 2" x 72" belt grinder. this is a very popular configuration and there are many different ...

DIY Belt Grinder - Sharpening Tips, Jigs and Techniques | WoodArchivist.com DIY Belt Grinder • WoodArchivist DIY Belt Grinder - Sanding Tips, Jigs and Techniques - Woodwork, Woodworking, Woodworking Tips, Woodworking Techniques

This is a PDF step-by-step instruction to help you build your own 2x72" tilting belt grinder like mine. This is one of the most versatile belt grinders ever made. Any attachment or table can be fitted in the two slots in the frame, and the grinder can be tilted 90° to serve as either a horizontal ...

Depends on how hard you're pushing the machine. I have 2hp on my Kalamazoo belt grinder, it kicks ass and doesn't stall. If you're just sharpening stuff and not hogging off a lot of metal a fractional hp motor would work like from a washing machine or furnace blower etc …

What others are saying "DIY plan to make a four wheel 2 x belt grinder. The frame is from HSS material. You can modify it however you like." "Belt Grinder - Homemade belt grinder powered by a 2 HP variable speed motor.

Dec 06, 2016· Cheap DIY homemade belt grinder from scrap metal and some plywood, with 750 watt electric motor made for knife making Grinder draft - https://goo.gl/Jz8dtw https ...

Diy Belt Grinder Plans. DIY Knifemaker's Info Center: BG-272 DIY 2 x 72" Belt GrinderDIY 2" x 72" Belt Grinder Project Like almost every newbie knifemaker owning a decent belt grinder is dream. When I realized the price of a machine, my jaw hit the floor..

How to make a homemade 2x72 belt sander or belt grinder. This is an in-depth overview of how to make a belt sander. It includes numerous reviews of articles on building a belt sander, forum discussions (including our HomemadeTools.net forum and others), and videos on building a DIY belt grinder or a DIY belt sander. Eight of these builds include detailed homemade belt sander plans.

Happybuy 2Hp Belt Grinder Variable Speed 2 X 82" Belt Grinder Sander with 3 Grinding Wheel Belt Sander 12" Wheel & Flat Platen Tool Rest (Constant speed) by Happybuy. $999.99 $ 999 99. FREE Shipping on eligible orders. In stock on March 1, 2019. 4.5 out of 5 stars 4.

Dec 13, 2011· Im looking to build a belt grinder. The three above are the ones I can get plans for. I personally like the simplicity of the No Weld, but the alterability of the Grinder In a Box, the KMG kinda scares me a bit with all the drilling and tapping. Im making my Christmas list and I put belt grinder ...